QA Engineer 3 - REMOTE
Job SummaryResponsible for validating software solutions in various testing environments. Contributes to the development of test strategies and the design of quality assurance practices. Collaborates with other Engineers to identify, reproduce and document defects, bugs, or problems. Maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities. Utilizes clearly defined standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related engineering/technical discipline
- Overall 7-11 years related IT experience
- 5+ years’ QA experience in an IT environment with formal test tools and common software quality standards
- Experience with SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Experience with testing integrated systems and enterprise-level applications
- Experience in Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Understanding of QA processes, practices and systems.
- Experience executing and coordinating integration, system, regression and user-acceptance testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team-based environments.
- Experience performing API testing.
- Experience in automating applications using Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, Java, C# and Junit.
- Experience in integrating and running automation suites with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience in ETL testing by creating views like SQL views, Table Pairs etc., and validating data sources.
- Experience in building complex SQL, PL/SQL queries to validate data in the data warehouse
- Experience in REST APIs/ web services using SOAP UI, POSTMAN, SWAGGER, WINSCP, PUTTY, GEMS, XML Spy tools,
- Experience using Confluence Team Collaboration software a plus.
- Knowledge of Video/Media platform technology a plus.
- Experience testing applications built in Angular web application framework a plus.
- Writes and executes tests to validate products and software applications.
- Contributes to the development of Quality Assurance test philosophies and methodologies. Identifies viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality.
- Collaborates with product and development teams to identify product and technical requirements.
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product testability and verification.
- Ensures proper execution of regression test procedures and automated test suites and scripts. Participates in design, code and functional product reviews.
- Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or Software Engineers to identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior-level Quality Assurance Engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Supports trials of new infrastructure designs/services.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $82,380.86 - $123,571.29
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.