Manager, Sales Development - Media Advertising
Job SummaryResponsible for managing the daily activities of individuals supporting the Advertising Sales force pre- and post-sales including in the areas of traffic, planning and inventory. Creates and maintains financial reports and metrics and is accountable for adhering to budgets. Coordinates the distribution of sales materials and ensures resources are available to the Advertising Sales teams. Analyzes operations to ensure operating standards are met. Provides support to department personnel. Creates and implements performance standards. Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Plans daily activities and assigns tasks, ensuring all tasks are carried out according to proper policies and procedures and are in accordance with the overall functional strategy.
- Creates and maintains financial reports including revenue, forecasting and budget reports.
- Facilitates sales materials and resources needs. Coordinates the distribution of sales materials and resources.
- Works closely with assigned advertising sales teams to understand and track schedules for major initiatives and advertising campaigns. Monitors adherence to master advertising production schedule.
- Monitors inventory and recommends strategy for optimum use of available inventory.
- Interfaces with Ad Sales and other departments to coordinate ad packages, sponsorships and ad options being offered.
- Creates work performance standards. Remains available to Advertising Sales Team and resolves operational questions and issues.
- Implements operational policies and procedures.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.