Engineer 4, Machine Learning
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryThe Comcast Applied AI & Discovery organization is looking for a new team member to join us on our mission to allow our customers to communicate with us and control their experience using their own voice
- Guides the successful completion of programs that identify patterns and make decisions with minimal human intervention. Determines the technical objectives of an assignment. Leads the design of prototypes, partnering with the product team and other stakeholders through development. Conducts studies to support product or application development.
- Designs and implements end-to-end solutions using optimization and other advanced computer science technologies and owns live deployments. Aggregates huge amounts of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to automate analytical models.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans, confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Contributes to the company by creating patents, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and other intellectual property.
- Presents papers and/or attends conferences, as well as displaying leadership in these areas.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies, testing and reporting.
- Collaborates with teams outside of immediate work group. Represents the work team in providing solutions to technical issues associated with assigned projects.
- Mentor a diverse team of junior engineers in machine learning techniques, tools and concepts. Provides guidance and leadership to more junior engineers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.