Sr UX Designer
Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps local, regional and national advertisers use the best of digital with the power of TV to grow their business. It provides multi-screen marketing solutions to make advertising campaigns more effective and easier to execute. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Effectv has a presence in 66 markets with nearly 35 million owned and represented subscribers. We’re dedicated to helping our clients meet their business goals by connecting them with their customers through multiscreen television advertising. Working with companies from local startups to nationwide corporations, we provide support to help each business reach its target customers. By applying data to television advertising in new ways, we’re able to bring our clients the best of digital media, coupled with the power of TV. To learn more, check out www.effectv.com.
Job SummaryResponsible for researching the customer usability experience of digital media. Reviews the web design and assesses the usability, look and feel of the Effectv Self Service Platform and other internal platforms. Creates simple demos/prototypes of new features and documents functionality design. Helps drive the vision, directs the design and the voice and owns the experience of various Effectv products and services across multiple platforms. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Specializes in user experience strategy and design, as well as front-end prototyping for web, mobile and other digital delivery platforms, helping drive the support and future development of various Effectv products and service across multiple platforms.
- Collaborates on and oversees the experience design for websites for Effectv, including content development, user research, user-centered design processes, project leadership and user experience prototyping and development.
- Leads a variety of web projects for the company. Collaborates in special projects where there are additional needs for new features and functionality.
- Oversees efforts to expand and enhance the digital delivery channels of the company, improving the user experiences that support the mission of the company.
- Assesses a product's positioning and role within the online organization's sites, products and services. Develops and writes interaction and functional specifications.
- Reviews competing products and recommends design solutions that differentiate the organization's products from those of competitors.
- Develops new research and tests theories that lead to alternative, leading-edge design solutions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Be the primary analyst and design resource, supporting the user experience for our Effectv Self Service Platform.
- Craft analytics requirements to help monitor the user experience and use the metrics to drive improvement.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.