Event Sales Representative
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryResponsible for increasing the number of active subscribers and product penetration in assigned multi-dwelling properties/communities by selling and promoting company products including video, high-speed Internet, voice and XFINITY Home through the development and execution of promotions and events. Sales and event focus is within privately owned, multi-dwelling properties and communities, but can include other social event functions and online initiatives in the community. Utilizes basic knowledge of the company's products and services as well as sales process experience to maximize sales. Develops competence in own area by performing routine work.
- Serve as the point of contact for customers in the assigned area, manage contracts for accounts and provide client services support for the portfolios of more senior representatives, troubleshoot and/or resolve customer concerns, enhance and support the customer experience.
- During community events, may add new residential customer internet, video and voice services while generating new subscribers within targeted properties, through various promotional, social, internet and community events. Displays thorough and recent competitive knowledge of features, benefits, product differences, pricing and campaigns for video, high-speed internet, voice and XFINITY Home.
- Meets and exceeds sales goals in assigned territory and event activities. Utilizes retention techniques to proactively retain existing customers from downgrading or canceling service.
- Effectively communicates and develops rapport with residents and property staff. Evaluates individual residents' existing and potential product needs and makes recommendations. Increases resident and property staff understanding of company products and pricing models as well as competitive advantages over other service providers. Evaluates competitive offers and frames response to show the benefits of the company. Reviews company bills with residents as needed and is proficient in company billing procedures.
- Coordinates and executes all promotional events and provides marketing support, including but not limited to, the overall coordination and logistics, budget management, planning, negotiation and execution of events, production and distribution of printed materials, point-of purchase displays, prize packages, scheduling of all promotions and coordinating with technical operations. Utilizes successful marketing skills to conduct overall marketing and property assessments, determines marketing collateral, customizes for presence on website, newsletter, signage in gyms etc. Uses experience and skills to tailor events based on the profile of the community account, with a goal of maximizing the return on investment.
- Collaborates with other key personnel to create promotional assets, execute promotional strategy for value-add services, align messaging and ensure tracking requirements are implemented for site promotions. Supports sales team by reviewing the promotional sales, distributing and explaining network promotions and traveling to property meetings to help present and sell promotional concepts, company products and services.
- Effectively utilizes Microsoft Office, Google, Facebook, Twitter, mobile apps and other software programs and social media to drive online marketing efforts.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $43,000.00
Total Target Compensation (Base Pay plus Targeted Commission): $55,000.00
Our sales compensation programs offer the potential for significant upside above targeted earnings for those who overachieve their sales targets.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.