Assistant Deputy General Counsel, Marketing
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryThe Assistant Deputy General Counsel, Marketing will be responsible for providing legal support for marketing, sales and product groups supporting residential customers, as well as support for the company’s in-house advertising agency. Job includes review of marketing creative and supporting sales channels to ensure compliance with consumer laws including FTC dotcom disclosures, CAN-SPAM and TCPA regulations. Position also entails drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts related to sales and marketing operations such as marketing, talent, and endorsement agreements, and agreements with the Company’s sales channel partners.
Core Responsibilities within Comcast Law Department:
- Provides legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Leads and provides guidance to legal staff including junior Attorneys, Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
- In good standing with a state bar.
- Experience in telecommunications, media and technology industries preferred.
- 4-7 years’ experience in business law, including familiarity with marketing and advertising issues.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to work build, mentor, and lead an effective and business-oriented team of attorneys and non-attorneys.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.