Senior Full Stack UI Lead
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryWithin Comcast Applied AI & Discovery, we are focused on improving the content discovery experience for our video products by building platforms that help customers not only to find quickly the TV shows and movies they love, but also to discover new content using our world class voice remote. Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join the Voice UI Tools team within the Comcast Voice Platform Crew. The ideal candidate should have over 10 years of front and backend development experience and be proficient in various web technologies. The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer will be responsible for building data intensive management platforms, backend and frontend applications for data labeling and annotations, which are key to annotating data that will be used to train machine learning algorithms. The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer would benefit from experience in the CI/CD process, building distributed applications, and high-traffic applications. Strong cloud service skills is a big plus.
What You Will Work On:
- Build data-intensive management platforms and backend and frontend applications for data labeling and annotations, which are key to annotating data used to train machine learning algorithms
- Build user management schemes to support RBAC-based access
- Build distributed and high-traffic applications
- Utilize strong cloud service skills including technologies used on AWS (S3, EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, Elasticache, etc.)
- Utilize knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Apply strong software architecture and design skills, as well as experience in designing user interfaces for diverse types of users
- Translate product requirements into production-ready applications
- Lead and manage a medium-sized team, conducting agile ceremonies and performance reviews
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Over 10 years of front and backend development experience
- Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3, and various web technologies
- Experience leading the development and maintenance of frontend and backend apps.
- Experience building data intensive management platforms, backend and frontend applications for data labeling and annotations
- Experience building user management schemes to support RBAC-based access
- Experience building distributed applications and high-traffic applications
- Strong cloud service skills including knowledge of AWS technologies such as S3, EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, and Elasticache
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Strong software architecture and design skills
- Experience designing user interfaces for diverse types of users
- Ability to translate product requirements into production-ready applications
- Experience leading a medium-sized team, conducting agile ceremonies and performance reviews
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for building innovative applications
Nice to have/Willing to Learn:
- Elixir/Phoenix platform
- Python/Golang for different backends.
- Experience with the CI/CD process using Jenkins and Concourse
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.