Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryThe Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Comcast Network and CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization is a highly agile, fast-paced, dedicated group at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building, and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.
About the Team:
The xLabs Operations team exists to accelerate the innovation of Comcast’s next-generation architectures and products. We believe that our people, process, and technology are crucial to ensuring sustainable, repeatable, and predictable outcomes. Our production-like environments serve as the backbone for development and quality assurance, and our people help align the many advancements within Comcast and our industry.
Overview of the Role:
xLabs Operations Engineer is directly accountable for all monitoring, alarming, and event management within the National Labs. Engineer possesses a deep understanding of MSO architectures including CRAN/NDC, CMTS, DAA/HFC, Network Transport, and cloud video, working closely with the functional engineering teams to ensure total visibility and maximize availability of our network. Individual performs a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the planning development, testing and evaluation of Comcast's network. Promptly responds to escalations and resolves issues that arise from hardware and software failures. Manages network tuning, performance & design strategies, and regularly makes recommendations to improve network performance and availability.
Responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational challenges, supporting new product implementation, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Individual responds to network incidents, determines actions or resources needed for correction, and drives resolution. Acts in compliance with industry and company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Maintains in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in area of discipline, usually determining own work priorities and serving as resource for colleagues with less experience. Interfaces regularly with vendors, engineering, and peer operations organizations, including Infrastructure Engineering, Design Engineering, Video Engineering, CMTS Engineering, Systems Engineering, IP Network Engineering, Critical Infrastructure, and Project Management. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams, projects, and provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams.
This team loves their work but mostly because it helps us grow individually and professionally. We are committed to holding each other accountable and to helping each other and the team be the best version of ourselves. As such, it's important to ask relevant, meaningful questions to complete your work, hold teammates accountable in a disarming way, and action on feedback from teammates as an opportunity to grow.
Attributes We Are Seeking:
- A hard-working learner and advocate of our groundbreaking technology.
- Individual with a high level of accountability – taking ownership of challenges and seeing them through to resolution.
- A natural inclination to work collaboratively, to be transparent, and to seek and give feedback continuously.
- An aptitude for technology and enjoy complex problem-solving while being adaptable and responsive.
- A clear communicator with a strong bias for action and excellent documentation skills.
- The ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment, even when the direction isn’t always clear.
- Strong advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies and processes, ensuring projects are fully integrated into the operations environment tooling, including lifecycle management and Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM).
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience of operations center experience for MSOs Architectures (multiple-system operators), including HFC (Hybrid Fiber Coax), DAA (Distributed Access Architecture), PON (Passive Optical Network), etc.
- Proven ability to analyze and evaluate complex IP/RF/Optical networks events, engage appropriate fix agents, and drive corrections or enhancements to ensure network operation efficiency.
- A self-starter who demonstrates critical thinking, self-motivation, time-management, courage, and curiosity.
- Intimate knowledge of Network Operation Center Monitoring systems, telemetry aggregation, and event management, including the measurement of volume and performance of the network traffic.
- Ability to identify utilization and performance issues; designs strategies and recommendations to improve network performance. Provides necessary support for additions and changes.
- Intimate knowledge of IPv4/6, Spectrum (or equivalent), SNMP, and Streaming Telemetry.
- Ability to partner with functional teams to influence and drive alignment.
THIS POSITION IS INELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES AND NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP FOR EMPLOYMENT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE.
About Our Perks & Benefits:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: This job can be performed in Denver Campus, with a Pay Range of $66,711.32 USD - $104,615.48 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.