Xfinity Field Sales Consultant - Tigard, OR
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryResponsible for the promotion and sale of Comcast products and services to include video, high-speed Internet, voice and XFINITY Home. Utilizes advanced knowledge of Comcast's products and services as well as sales process experience to maximize sales and effectively work assigned turf.
- Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of Comcast products, promoting and selling offerings to individual customers by knocking every door within assigned territory. Displays thorough and recent competitive knowledge of features, benefits, product differences, pricing and campaigns for video, high-speed internet, voice and XFINITY Home.
- Effectively communicates and develops rapport with customers. Evaluates individual customers' existing and potential product needs and makes recommendations. Increases customer understanding of Comcast products and pricing models as well as competitive advantages over other service providers. Evaluates competitive offers and frames response to show the benefits of Comcast.
- Possesses expert knowledge of selling that would be reflective of the position’s required relevant experience.
- Creates and executes turf management plans without assistance, utilizes experience-based sales technique, operates independently.
- Shows confidence in selling ability.
- Displays competent time management and organizational skills.
- Meets and exceeds sales goals as established by local market. Independently establishes and organizes daily sales activities. Generates business through established and approved methods of lead generation. Implements effective sales closing techniques to ensure product installation goal is achieved.
- Demonstrates a consistent record of success in residential canvassing sales environment with emphasis on business to consumer sales.
- Displays thorough and advanced understanding of video, high-speed internet, voice and XFINITY Home.
- Possesses effective communication, organizational and people skills, as well as strong customer service skills.
- Illustrates strong technical capability (computer knowledge, billing system, databases).
- Must meet the physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to, the ability to walk and/or travel door-to-door for considerable distances in all types of weather conditions.
- Where applicable, obtain and maintain any credentials and/or licenses necessary to sell and/or design alarm systems as required by law.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $58,000.00
Total Target Compensation (Base Pay plus Targeted Commission): $83,000.00
Our sales compensation programs offer the potential for significant upside above targeted earnings for those who overachieve their sales targets.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.