Retail Security/Xfinity Mobile (XM) Fraud Investigator
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryResponsible for performing investigations, analytics, and oversight of retail security operations. Investigations involve alleged criminal or other activity that has or may have a negative impact on the Company. This includes employee or non-employee criminal activity as it relates to the Company as well as activity that violates company policy. Investigations involve, but are not limited to; fraud, theft of services, theft of company property, vandalism, forgery, embezzlement, workplace violence, assaults, burglary, and physical security assessments. Investigative caseload is assigned by management or senior investigators. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Produces timely, accurate investigative reports.
- Lead retail fraud related investigations by gathering evidence, interviewing employees, and documenting in reporting system.
- Manages multiple types of investigations (code of conduct, XMobile fraud, sales misconduct) assuming control of high stress situations.
- Monitors, analyzes, and investigates fraudulent activity and transactions.
- Identify fraud trends based on data analysis.
- Work closely with Retail partner to analyze controls based on investigative findings and recommendations. Travel to assigned stores.
- Review existing processes, identify gaps, and make recommendations.
- Conducts interviews of suspects, witnesses, and victims.
- Documents, stores, and maintains evidence according to the chain of custody guidelines.
- Ensures that all investigations/inquiries are completely objective and brought to a logical conclusion in the best interest of the Company.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with various law enforcement agencies. Often acts as single point-of-contact with law enforcement in cases involving employees or customers.
- Understands the laws and statutes impacting methods used in successful investigations and is able to make well-rounded decisions based on this experience.
- Works "Undercover" as needed performing appropriate "Sting" operations and or controlled illegal equipment purchases.
- Performs surveillance activities as required.
- Testifies under oath in municipal, superior and federal court as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are encouraged to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to innovative ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs, and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what is right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.