Engineer 2, Planning & Design
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryCome join the WDSS Plan Team and help us expand our Comcast Footprint to new customers! Responsible for network planning and costing of HFC and FTTX builds in support of Comcast’s Network Expansion. Supports Business Development and the Construction Organization through the development and delivery of High-Level Estimates and Plans. Works to expand Comcast’s footprint in a cost effective and efficient manner that serves downstream teams and customers. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. PLEASE NOTE- this position is office optimal, 3 days in office, at one of the listed locations, and 2 days remote.
We are hiring for 4 positions
- Plans broadband communication systems using various design tools. Produces layout designs for coaxial and fiber placement and fiber routing and connectivity.
- Evaluate Business Development project packages for economic viability.
- Provide planning deliverables for proposed Network Expansion projects.
- Conducts analysis to determine efficiency, equipment economy, and systems operation simplicity.
- Prepares prints, special maps, key maps, graphs, diagrams, and graphic drawings for use by other departments. Updates and maintains system maps, keys, and design files.
- Plans Coax Networks (brownfield/greenfield, tie points).
- Plans Fiber networks (brownfield/greenfield, tie points, commercial).
- Processes HFC and Fiber projects for Business Development to support Network Expansion. Prepares files and assigns to business partner in P2. Coordinates with Construction, One Network, and Business Development as necessary.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Preferred Intermediate-Advanced Skills/Knowledge
AutoCAD Map 3D 2020
WD GIS Software Suite (Facility Search, Spectrum)
Excel, including formulas
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $62,367.31 - $93,550.96
Additional Range: This job can be performed in Ca And Wa with a Pay Range of $65,202 USD -$106,308 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.