Assistant Deputy General Counsel, Government Contracts & Government Programs
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryThe Assistant Deputy General Counsel, Government Contracts & Government Programs, will be responsible for providing legal and compliance support for Comcast Cable’s Government Contracts team and in connection with Comcast Cable’s participation in federal, state, and local government programs. This position will report to the Deputy General Counsel, Government Contracts & Government Programs, the senior most attorney responsible for compliance with federal, state, and local government contracts and government programs. The Assistant Deputy General Counsel will work collaboratively with stakeholders across the company to provide expertise and guidance on compliance risks, and to support implementation of and enhance the compliance program.
- Provides legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Performs legal research when and as necessary to resolve legal issues and determine the appropriate course of action regarding a particular issue/case.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning, assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results; etc.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to legal staff including junior Attorneys, Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
- In good standing with a state bar, with ability to register as Pennsylvania In-House Counsel.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry. Experience in telecommunications is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Experience with federal government contracting compliance is required. Experience with state and local government contracting is a plus.
- Experience in building and maintaining compliance programs to ensure (1) adherence to U.S. procurement laws and regulations, including but not limited to the FAR, DFARS, Procurement Integrity Act, False Claims Act, Competition in Contracting Act (CICA), cost accounting and pricing principles, including 2 CFR Part 200, as well as regulatory requirements arising out of participation in various government programs; (2) compliance training on government contracts and regulatory requirements; and (3) monitoring compliance with government contracting requirements through design of internal controls or processes, including risk assessments and identifying appropriate remediation as may be required.
- Experience handling government contracts matters, including but not limited to cybersecurity requirements, supply chain accountability, cost issues, pursuing claims and disputes, changes and equitable adjustments, contract formation and administration, ethics and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, suspension and debarment, small business programs (including 8(a), SDVO, HUBZone, and WOSB), prime/sub/vendor relations, teaming agreements, joint ventures, DCAA audits, terminations, data rights and intellectual property, managing bid protests, and facility and personnel security clearances and matters involving classified information.
- Expertise with agency statutes and regulations such as the FAR, DFARS, False Claims Act, Mandatory Disclosure Rule, BAA, TAA, Truthful Cost or Pricing Data Act (formerly TINA), Wage Rate Requirements (Construction) Act (formerly Davis-Bacon), 41 USC Chapter 65 (formerly Walsh-Healey Act), Fair Labor Standards Act, the Service Contract Labor Standards statute (formerly Service Contract Act), Organizational Conflicts of Interest (OCIs), Procurement Integrity Act (including “revolving door” rules), and gifts & gratuities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective cross-group relationships across a large organization. Ability to lead, influence and motivate others, to work as a trusted advisor to the business and to collaborate with others as required to address compliance matters.
- Experience managing and working with external resources, including law firms, consultants and industry associations.
- Experience developing and contributing to policies, standards and business procedures designed to foster compliance with government contracting requirements and requirements arising out of participation in government funding programs.
- Experience reviewing and advising on compliance related requirements for customer and supplier contracts, transactions, and agreements.
- Keen business sense and excellent communication skills; with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to legal issues, balancing legal risks against business interests.
- Ability to work independently on a wide variety of tasks in a proactive manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. Citizenship to meet potential federal government security screening requirements required for this role. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- An active Secret clearance is preferred, and the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance is required.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.