Director, Federal Proposals
Job SummaryQualified candidates will have expertise in federal proposal development across all stages and experience working as part of a corporate business development team, and prior experience working in the wireline telecommunications industry.
- Lead proposal and other responses to Government requests for complex programs as well as transactional services.
- Serve an integral role with proposal planning and execution including process development, proposal writing, editing/content reviews.
- Review RFP requirements and conduct analysis, assess strategies for responses, and coordinate activities for proposal team members.
- Demonstrate ownership of the proposal process, suggest enhancements, develop reusable materials and user-friendly systems, and identify and implement efficiencies across the proposal lifecycle.
- Ensure proposals are properly scoped, evaluate assumptions, identify risks, evaluate cost, and ensure responses meet requirements.
- Participatein strategy sessions on assigned proposals.
- Develop matrices for RFP/RFI requirements and templates for proposal management and submission.
- Manage calendar and coordination of proposal schedule and activities (kick off meetings, color team reviews, SME coordination, writing/reviews, production, etc.).
- Develop data repositories to manage access and recordkeeping for proprietary information and develop reusable documents and templates.
- Manage resource assignments, checklists, compliance requirements, bid and proposal budget.
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct post submission and post award reviews and participate in lessons learned activities.
- Provide oversight for editorial and corporate documentation standards and conformance to RFI/RFP requirements.
- Interact with corporate stakeholders, SMEs, teaming partners, and other proposal team members.
- Other proposal related activities as required and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizenship
- Secret clearance desired. Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation upon hire. This position requires a U.S. citizenship for purposes of meeting minimum qualifications for access to classified information and for purpose of potentially obtaining a Security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree, advanced business degree preferred.
- Industry recognized training and/or certification (APMP, Shipley preferred)
- 10+ years of related experience supporting and managing federal proposals
- Thorough understanding of federal procurement regulations for FAR/DFAR
- Experience coordinating SMEs to support proposal volumes and working alongside SMEs to provide consultation and technical approach for proposal responses
- Excellent writing skills and experience developing proposal volumes including writing sections and reviewing/editing volumes to meet compliance
- Proficiency working across the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams
- Experience with Teams data management for a proposal organization
- Experience developing graphics using Adobe PDF and other tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively develop and present information to stakeholders
- Excellent English writing, grammar, and editing skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated success managing competing deadlines for multiple proposals and delivering compliant proposals within tight time constraints
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />