Analyst, Business Assurance
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Job SummaryThe Comcast Business Controllership team fosters an innovative, collaborative, and diverse group of individuals to embrace the speed of evolution within Comcast Business while driving a controlled, accountable and results driven organization. We believe in investing and advocating for one another through professional development and career growth skills to create an equitable and inclusive environment. Through these talents, we forge strong relationships to instill a sense of belonging, purpose, and motivation toward working on common goals. We look to stretch ourselves in everything that we do while maintaining balance and focus. Responsibilities of the Business Assurance Analyst include providing operational and financial assurance across Comcast Business processes & systems that support sales, order management, billing, contract management, and compliance. Work cross-functionally with various teams across all areas of Comcast Business to prepare reporting, conduct detailed reviews and perform analysis to support mitigation of financial and operational risk associated with process, system, or control gaps. Support the broader Controllership team and its leadership through ad-hoc projects and assignments as needed. Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial reports, trends, and opportunities. This role is hybrid reporting into the Philadelphia HQ Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday.
- Provides assurance of billing accuracy by developing audits and reconciliations for Comcast Business processes.
- Works closely with Billing, Compliance and Revenue Assurance in the areas of root cause analysis, auditing, and testing.
- Partner closely with business partners to understand, troubleshoot and resolve billing issues and systems problems as they arise.
- Provides support to both internal and external auditors during assessments and audits
- Provides ongoing analysis and review of Comcast Business process, systems, and tools, driving continuous improvements in the organization.
- Coordinating the development and quality assurance, review and updating of procedures, training, and communications.
- Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Approves transactions, evaluates opportunities, and makes recommendations regarding project progress and future business opportunities.
- Evaluates risks financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing financial and operation metrics.
- Performs analysis of financial statement accounts and specific projects, as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Participates with the preparation of month and year-end processes by reviewing actual vs. budget/forecast variances, reviewing financial trends, and making recommendations for accruals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />