Inbound Sales Representative - Residential (Virtual Utah)
Job SummaryDisclaimer: Starting rate is dependent on several factors, including your city/state of residence. Comcast follows all local and state regulations/laws regarding minimum wage Base Rate: $11.50/hr Total Targeting Compensation (Base rate plus targeted commission): $20.15/hr Responsible for promoting and selling Company products and services that are both current and emerging. Uses a consultative sales approach to ensure our customers receive the best value. Must be customer-focused individuals, able to communicate effectively and display a professional and positive demeanor. Works on straight forward tasks using established procedures.
Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Interacts with new and existing customers via telephone, e-mail, or face-to-face to assist with a variety of customer inquiries and issues. Capable to wear telephone headset and manipulate objects such as pen, keyboard and mouse. Elicits and records customer information and inquiries using a computerized system.
- Stays up-to-date with current and emerging communications and entertainment technologies for both the Company and its competition.
- Recognizes, conveys, promotes and sells products and service value. Articulates what differentiates us. Maintains excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven track record to articulate relevant information and directions in an organized and concise manner.
- Demonstrates closing techniques consistently, repeatedly and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers delivering the Comcast Quality Experience (CQE). Acts as an Ambassador for Comcast by building rapport with the customer, supporting, reassuring and educating the customer throughout the call.
- Promotes and recommends Comcast products and services based on a logical relationship to the customer's needs and interests. Enters and confirms sales when appropriate.
- Supports Other lines of business as call volume dictates. Interacts and communicates collaboratively within the sales group and other groups, as appropriate, to provide a quality customer experience.
- Achieves overall performance goals of the organization.
- Attends training as required. Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must have the capabilities to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our innovative technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities!
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- In a virtual environment, Comcast requires a minimum 100mbps speed which is capable of being hard wired into the provided equipment, either through a direct wall input or your router
- Must have "home office" space in your home (See Home Office Requirements below)
- Home Office Requirements:
- Have a quiet work area in a location that provides privacy from other people, activities, and noise
- Have a steady work surface
- Have a comfortable chair
- Adequate lighting
- Fast and reliable internet service. If you live within the Comcast footprint, this is largely covered as part of your employee benefits.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $11.50
Total Target Compensation (Base Pay plus Targeted Commission): $20.15
Our sales compensation programs offer the potential for significant upside above targeted earnings for those who overachieve their sales targets.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />