Sr Automation test Engineer
Job SummaryResponsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the quality of the code base. Focuses on writing code that will be executed in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and maintains code that validates front-end, middleware and database systems, using the latest tools and programming languages. Provides input into various software development lifecycle stages. Partners with software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding standards and best practices. Reports test execution results to senior leadership. Repairs complex broken automation scripts and performs peer reviews of automation codebase. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Write and edit complex, automated test code, using the same standards as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software in accordance with specifications and technical requirements, maintaining automation codebase in a version control system (GIT, SVN). This may include creating complex SQL queries for validation of databases and writing SOAP and RESTful API automated scripts.
- Build new tools to assist in faster test automation and functional testing efforts and innovate on existing automation processes.
- Serve as a guide and mentor for junior-level engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Review project progress, evaluates results and recommends corrections in technical applications and analysis to executive teams.
- Perform code reviews of automation scripts and front-end codebases.
- Work closely with Test Engineers and Development teams to build test script hooks that help in earlier and easier testing.
- Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and repair to working order.
- Diagnose and repair complex bugs within production code.
- Drive scrum meetings as Scrum Master, perform backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Five years of strong experience with developing different automation frameworks
- Five years of experience working with Cucumber, Cypress automation framework
- Strong experience with GIT - a Version Control System
- Experience working with CICD pipelines (Concourse or Jenkins is a plus)
- Experience working with ALM Octane is a plus
- Web test automation experience (Selenium) is a plus
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong debugging skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other software engineers within the team
- Application of critical thinking to help solve complex problems.
Nice to have:
- Analyze and automate REST web services called by the application for display of data and error handling
- Automate and execute (in every release) new features, and performance scripts to measure speed, reliability and resiliency of the software
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />