Mechanic - $5000 Bonus
We have an immediate position open for a Maintenance Mechanic to work on our fleet of garbage trucks at LeMay Pierce County Refuseat Frederickson, WA site. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. At least 1 year of experience doing maintenance on diesel trucks and trailers is a must. Must have a CDL or be able to obtain one within first 90 days of employment (we do have a training program and will help you get your CDL, so must have clean driving record). Must have own tools.
Shift is Monday - Friday from 2:30 PM to 11 PM.
$5000 STAY ON BONUS + $125 MONTHLY TOOL VOUCHER
Do not stop by or call our local office. Apply online at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
• Performing repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Performing inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Conducting safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
• Completing required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
• Performs maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
• 1 year of experience in heavy truck equipment maintenance and repair preferred; or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
• CDL preferred (required to obtain in first 90 days of employment).
• Provide personal tools.
• Welding experience a plus.
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
• Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)