Community Relations Manager
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Helps develop and execute Waste Management's social impact and community activation strategy. Maintains favorable relationships with local community organizations and related entities. Responsible for executing strategic plans consistent with the organization's long- term objectives. Prepares and coordinates community-contact programs to promote good will by disseminating information to the community based on a focused corporate social impact program. May represent the company at community/public affairs gatherings or forums. Works with field communications and community relations team to execute social impact events and activations.
Responsible for producing storytelling engagement materials experience highly preferred, social media knowledge and experience preferred. Also responsible for developing postings that can be utilized across business segments and social media platforms. Requires strong communication skills capable of utilizing creative mediums, photography, videography and storytelling. Adobe design and creating experience, graphic design experience desired.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reporting to the Director, Social Impact and Purpose Communications, maintains and implements policies and programs that enhance the company's reputation and relationships with global audiences, particularly North America, and local communities. Supports the field in their efforts with community entities.
- Works with director to craft communications strategy that tells a compelling social impact/purpose-driven narrative to internal and external audiences.
- Maintains strategic national and local partnerships with key organizations.
- Works with external, technical consultants for large, critical projects as needed.
- Implements environmental education programs that highlight the importance of sustainability, the key social impact theme for Waste Management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Public Affairs/Administration or Public Relations, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years previous experience including Corporate Business and/or Public Relations, city or county government (in addition to education requirement).
- None required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job may include one or more of the following: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply".