We are looking for a safety conscious Electrician to join the team at American Disposal Services in Manassas, VA.
As a key member of our maintenance technicians team, your work as a Electrician will focus on the preventative maintenance, inspection, diagnosis and repair of commercial trash compactors. Must have electrical and welding experience.
What We Offer –
- Good pay, family benefits, 401(k), vacation, and a great management team.
- We provide an essential service to the communities we serve. Garbage is very stable and we work year round!
- Employees are paid weekly, and direct deposit is offered.
An experienced technician can earn up to $35.00/hour starting pay.
- Perform welding and electrical repair of trash containers and compactors as well as trash trucks in our fleet.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
- Valid driver’s license required. Valid Class B commercial driver's license with air brakes endorsement is a plus!
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience in the field preferred.
- Electrical Knowledge
- Must pass pre-employment, future, and random drug screening tests.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to work an average of 50 hours a week.
- Schedule flexibility to work 6am – 5pm, approximately 10 hours per day.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Strenuous physical work, to include heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling.
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of environments to complete work assignments.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to maintain and supply own personal tools needed to perform essential duties.
- Welding/fabrication experience required.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, short term & long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)