Summer Internship - Compactor Solutions
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WM Strategic Business Solutions (SBS), located in Windsor, CT, is responsible for managing WM’s largest, most prestigious national customers. SBS serves as the one-stop shop for the largest corporations in the US. Through industry leading reporting, centralized billing & service, and pricing, WM SBS provides an exceptional value proposition to our customers. With approximately 600 dedicated employees, a state of the art customer management system, and the goal of expanding into international markets, WM SBS is helping WM transform our industry.
I. Job Summary
Internship Program at WM
We at WM are grounded in our People First commitment which is reflected in our culture and values. Our Internship Program at WM is a paid program focused on supporting your education with experiential learning. As a WM Intern, you will interact with and conduct various duties and responsibilities for one or more functional teams to develop new skills and learn new areas of the business. Interns gain practical experience, relevant to their field of study, prior to college graduation. In addition, interns are given the opportunity to network with business leaders and receive mentorship throughout the program.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Assist with stock moves, purchases, freight, and install measurements.
• Conduct inventory validations and reconciliation. Reports based on inventory turns or aged
• Support the WMCS warranty program. Track warranty claims & assist in follow through warranty claims and track cost associated/avoided by pursing warranty.
• Measure quality issues and track vendor day-to-day issues related to the purchase orders, repairs, parts, and installs.
- Participates in special projects as needed
- Effectively provides excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
- Must understand Microsoft Excel environment.
- All candidates MUST possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Interns must have a High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and be currently enrolled in college courses.
- Experience: No prior work experience required.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be available to participate in the internship program from start to finish starting May 15, 2023 and ends middle of August.
- Must be available to work 30-40 hours per week/standard working hours during the summer
- Must be currently enrolled as a college student and in the fall of 2023.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.