Finney County Landfill has an immediate opening for a Laborer in Garden City, KS!
Looking for experienced laborer for a long-term role in our fast-paced landfill!
- Mowing grass with zero turn mower
- Operates shag truck or dump truck under supervision
- Operating Heavy Equipment is helpful
- Weed whipping grass where needed
- Running for parts with site vehicle
- Installing litter fences
- General site cleanup/picking litter
- Painting bollards, ladders, and handrails where needed
- Perform assigned duties working at the landfill
- Help the movement of waste and trucks through the landfill
- General site clean up
- Flagging / Directing traffic as it comes through
- Performing assigned duties at transfer station
Ideal candidates are:
- Able to stand outside throughout an 8-12 hr shift.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly.
- Must pass drug screen and pre-employment background check.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. Waste Connections does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.