Onboarding Optimization Manager
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WM, a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
About the Job
The Onboarding Optimization Manager is responsible for Centralized Hiring, Onboarding, Retention, and workforce planning for operational success within our organization. This role is key to long term success of talent within frontline operations.
What you'll be doing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages daily driver candidate interviews, will be able to partner with multiple sites and meet candidates on site, to provide a realistic job preview.
- Manages logistics of scheduling on site interviews at various sites. Will also be responsible for Weekly new employee onboarding training.
- Partners with multiple business units to lead workforce planning and set staffing goals for sites. Is responsible for helping move those sites toward achieving those goals.
- Oversees candidate offer process in partnership with Talent Acquisition partners.
- Responsible for assurance of OJT completion, and assignment of a Dedicated Driver Trainer/Mentor.
- Investigates, why employees are leaving the company and provide feedback to business unit leadership, Operations Solutions Manager, Talent Acquisition, and People Team.
- Assist District manager in the creation and execution of retention strategy for frontline employees.
- Creates and submits weekly and month end reports to senior management.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct/Indirect supervision of full-time employees
What does it take to be the Onboarding Optimization Manager for WM?
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of previous operations management experience (in addition to education requirements) in transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations and three (3) years of experience interviewing and hiring CDL Drivers and other frontline positions.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Valid Drivers License
About our Benefits
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.