As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
This role is responsible for Onboarding, Developing, Coaching, Mentoring, and Performance Management of all drivers and helpers. Establish and maintain positive relationships with all frontline employees. Spends the majority of the day in the field with frontline employees.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring new frontline employees have tools, instruction, and feedback for successful daily duties
- Meet with new frontline employees daily to ensure consistent communication and support of onboarding
- Provide timely and consistent touchpoints with frontline employees.
- Regular review of best practices to enhance daily performance
- Focus on understanding and progress of frontline employee career goals
- Identify and address improvement opportunities and collaborate with frontline employees to ensure continued success
- Actively practice and seek feedback on coaching conversations.
- Lead by example to ensure safety practices are paramount with each employee and
- Teaching and developing an understanding of the WM Way
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education: Associates Degree (accredited), High School Diploma (accredited) and two (2) years of relevant work experience.
Experience: No experience or successful completion of the WM Route Manager Trainee program required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirement
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day;
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply".