2nd shift Diesel Mechanic - $5,000 Stay On Bonus
Waste Connections is looking for a safety conscious 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic to join our GROWING team in Apache Junction, Arizona!
* The hours for this position are from 2pm-11pm.
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
•Utilize vehicle computer electrical systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
•Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
•Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports. •Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
•Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
•Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
•Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 60 pounds.
• Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions..
•The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be 21 years of age or older
• Valid drivers license (CDL preferred, but not required).
• Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
• 2 years of experience preferred.
• Must own personal tools.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.