Ukiah Waste Solutions, Inc., a Waste Connections company, is now hiring for a safety conscious Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our hauling location in Ukiah, CA!
The starting pay is $31 per hour. The pay range for this job category is $31 - $36.75 per hour. We also offer great family benefits, and stable, year round work.
The schedule will be Monday-Friday with a 4AM start time. 8-10 hour work days.
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services and repairs
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Test drive trucks after services and repairs
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand service schedule and/or repairs
- Perform some welding
- Available to help mechanic with repairs as needed
- General shop cleaning responsibilities
- Equipment safety checks
- Maintain and track service inventory
- Communicate with drivers for issues in morning and afternoon
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Qualified candidate must have:
- Tool set, tool box and proper personal safety equipment preferred
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn test diagnostic laptop and software
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain one
- Welding experience a plus
- Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status.