Manufacturing Engineering Prototype Co-Op (2023)
The objective of the Student Programs at Nexteer Automotive is to select students with high potential and provide them with "real world" work experiences. Work assignments expose students to many of the company’s products, processes and procedures. Assignments are designed to assimilate acquired classroom education with actual hands-on work experience in a technical environment. In addition, Nexteer Automotive gains the opportunity to find new talent to enhance productivity while providing students exposure to full-time career opportunities.
Prototype Student Job Responsibilities:
- Support Health & Safety initiatives.
- Work to meet the metrics for the year involving budget, safety, quality, and delivery.
- Be a team player.
- Work together with others both inside and outside your group.
- Gain experience as a student technician in the motor cell. This includes assembly, soldering, testing, & welding. Software flashing would also be involved at entry level.
- Support the build floor as a student technician. This would include testing assemblies per engineering requirements and working together with hourly builders. Software flashing are other areas of opportunity as a technician.
- Work on any projects assigned by supervisor and/or supporting other team members at the Prototype Center.
- Candidate must be attending a 2 year college or 4 year university local to Saginaw
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s in Engineering
- Mechanical preferred
- Candidate must be able to work 20-32 hours during Fall and Winter semesters
- Up to 40 in the summer
- Must have cumulative 2.7 GPA on 4.0 scale
- Must be a full-time student (12 or more credits) during Fall and Winter semesters
- Candidate must have right to work in the US and not require current or future sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-[Register to View] . Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.