Quality Assurance Internship
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2023 Global Internship Program as a Quality Assurance Intern!
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
- The PGDx Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Team ensures the suitability, safety and effectiveness of next generation sequencing (NGS) medical devices that are developed, manufactured and distributed from our Baltimore, MD site.
- Document Control is a significant role within the Quality Assurance Team. This group ensures compliance with regional requirements and has high cross-functional visibility.
- PGDx’s NGS kits and software are used to identify relevant genetic variants in cancer patients for research and/or medical device use to be marketed globally.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Ensure production records are reviewed, organized and made available electronically.
- Assist with archiving records from medical device development and production.
- Audit historical production records to ensure information is organized and available.
- Opportunity to develop filing systems and re-organize production, training and personnel records.
- Learn to create reports from an eQMS (electronic Quality Management System).
- Establish electronic indexes and matrices to organize Quality Management System documents so information is readily available.
- Become familiar with medical device Quality Assurance and regulatory requirements.
- Working towards bachelor’s degree.
- Interested in medical device document management systems or a Quality Assurance role.
- Ability to create filing systems to manage documents and records.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Can handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools and ability to learn an eQMS software.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and colleagues in a professional setting.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .