Summary/Objective This position coordinates delivery logistics between management, sales, customers, and the plant in our fast-paced work environment. Pre-planning of loads, communicating with logistics carrier and customers, and coordinating with members of the team are all important parts of this role. This position also assists in the pulling hardware, building of loads, load quality checks, and freight handling as necessary.
- Logistics Communications – daily load confirmation/regular logistics and customer communications.
- Truck Loading
- Load Checking and Confirmation
- Daily delivery communications – any jobs that are out to production and/or delivery. Early AM confirmation of trucking and resolution/communication of any exceptions.
- Load Staging and Preparation using a forklift, and at times by hand. (Ensuring accuracy and efficiency.)
- Load checks, confirm loads are correct and all product and ancillaries are on the correct trucks for delivery.
- Receive and validate inbound material against open PO by following established process.
- Assemble truss orders according to item list provided.
- Communicate load details as needed, such as number, runs or the type of truck that can deliver.
- Load drivers according to the paperwork of the load in which they are delivering.
- Coordinate delivery times and total hours for load building, checking, and staging.
- Maintain accurate records of all deliveries.
- Utilize various companywide systems including Mitek, POS, and Inventory.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong understanding of applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements and other related safety policies and best practices.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to monitor and maintain records and inventory.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment Work is performed in an outdoor and non-climate-controlled manufacturing environment where individual is exposed to seasonal heat and cold as well as the potentially dangerous conditions of wood truss manufacturing. Work can be performed outdoors where individual is exposed to the elements. Individual is exposed to the noise levels consistent with building (hammering) and the operation of large, commercial saws. Individual is exposed to the saw dust generated by commercial saws. Eye, ear, head, and hand protection is required depending on the operation being performed.
Physical Demands This position frequently sits, stands, walks, talks, listens, stoops, bends, lifts up to 80 pounds and uses hands. Periodically, this position climbs and balances.84 Lumber reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Computer Skills: Order Processing System, Internet Software, Inventory Software, Routing Software
- Ability to read and comprehend documents (i.e. policy and procedure manuals); write routine reports and correspondence; speak/present in front of a small group.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience routing area/market to reduce delivery expense & increase efficiency
- Advance planning and load building/checking, staging, etc…
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Delivery analysis and improving delivery efficiency
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience