IT Support Technician II – Military HIV Research Program
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking an IT Support Technician II to support the Military HIV Research Program (MHRP) located at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) in Silver Spring, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to MHRP.
Provide support to employees or internal customers in resolving complex or escalated technology issues. Ensures the proper day-to-day operation of internal technology applications and equipment. Troubleshoots software and hardware issues on laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, servers, and/or network equipment. Performs updates, repairs, upgrades, backups, and other maintenance tasks. May also handle phone and email assistance.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of request and incidents that are facilitated via the Service Desk to support HJF employees. This includes support of Mac/PCs, Printers, Network connectivity, and Telephony and Audio/Video collaboration systems.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Provide Tier 2 IT support to HJF employees globally.
- Administer user accounts on IT systems such as Active Directory, JAMF, etc.
- Manage desktop support tickets ensuring support SLAs are met.
- Administer core Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Print and File shares.
- Support Macs and Windows PCs in an enterprise environment.
- Work with technology vendors to facilitate equipment repair or troubleshooting.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience supporting MacOS and Windows 7, 8.x, 10 in an enterprise environment
- Experience with ServiceNow Ticketing System
- Experience with RDP, Teams, Zoom, Bomgar, SCCM, and JAMF
- Experience Imaging Mac OS devices and Windows PCs
- Experience with inventory management(shipping/receiving hardware)
Minimum Education: High school Diploma or GED Required. Vocational or technical training or degree, or bachelors degree preferred.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum 3-5 years of work experience is required.
Work Arrangement: This position is 100% on site and has no teleworking capability
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.