Senior Systems Engineer
Job Description Join BAE Systems’ Intelligence and Security sector and be a part of a team who provides critical intelligence research and analysis that helps keep our country safe. We are searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide and oversee high-value analysis, assessment, and mission support to US Army operations. In this role, the candidate will:
- Develop, engineer, and integrate Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Combat Systems, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) subsystems and sensors for use in the collection and PED of Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) data, and critical infrastructure support.
- Create ISR systems designs, source code for ISR systems and subsystems, and provide architecture.
- Testing, evaluate and deploy C5ISR systems.
- Perform research and analysis, configuration control, integration, and testing on ISR sensors, communications, cyber and data processing.
- Develop, engineer, and integrate, other subsystems and sensors to transform data into information that can be readily disseminated, used, transmitted, and exploited.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM related field.
- 10+ years of experience of systems engineering and integration.
- Proven contributions to architecture design and solutions for large-scale projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of analysts of various sizes and skill levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively present complex information to senior leaders outside the engineering field.
- Master’s Degree in STEM related field.
- Experience working with the US Army or DoD on intelligence missions.
- Experience planning, directing, coordinating, and managing methodologies and approaches to enhance intelligence mission capabilities.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.