Research Associate II - Center for Military Precision Health
Join the HJF Team!
HJF is seeking a Research Associate II to support the Center for Military Precision Health (CMPH) located in Bethesda, Maryland. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to CMPH.
The Research Associate II performs research and/or development in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff. May exercises technical discretion in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies. May provide limited guidance to Laboratory Technicians to assist in team-based workflows.
NOTE: All HJF employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation will be required.
- Performs routine data analysis and basic interpretation and verifies and corrects data entry. Maintains records and documentation regarding assigned research.
- Coordinates with assigned laboratory technicians to conduct training and operational activities.
- Conducts research in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff. Coordinates sample accession and processing for molecular profiling.
- Performs complex laboratory tests, determinations, and analyses involving multiple procedures and a variety of technical approaches.
- Documents current or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation. Participates in writing results for publications and peer-reviewed journals.
- Analyzes and prepares reagent and/or assay product documentation. Organizes and procures needed reagents and documents results.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of complex laboratory procedures; ability to meet deadlines of projects; good communication and analytical skills.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree required.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: 3-5 years’ experience required.
Work Environment: This position is 100% on site and has no teleworking capability.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust and a Common Access Card (CAC).
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.