Resource Team Per Diem Student ACCP (Float Team)
Under direct supervision of nurse manager, assist patient with admission procedure, during transfer procedure, with discharge procedure; provide for patients' personal hygiene; assist with patients' excretory needs, meals and in providing for patient safety and comfort measures. Provide clerical support to the Administrative Nurse of the designated unit.
This position floats to various units within the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and UCLA Santa Monica hospital locations based on the patient census and the skills of the RN/Staff. An ability to work efficiently and effectively with others, providing compassionate and cutting edge patient care while also contributing to the positive and collaborative team environment at UCLA Health is a must.
- Current enrollment in a BSN or MSN program with at least one completed Med Surg rotation
- Must have a graduation date of April 2023 or later
- BLS from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association, required
- Ability to pass an 8 hour computer data entry training course
- Ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated nursing, PT/OT, and RT assisted tasks
- Understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations, preferred
- Recent ward clerk and/or appropriate clerical experience in an acute hospital environment
- Skill in evaluating and reporting various kinds of emergent information pertinent to the functioning of an inpatient care unit
- Skill in prioritizing assignments to complete work in a timely manner when there are competing requirements and a heavy workload
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />