Manufacturing Technician V
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Manufacturing Technician V – Santa Clara, CA
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of STRUCTURAL HEART disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are recruiting a Manufacturing Technician V located in Santa Clara, CA. You will be responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies, and final assemblies. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
· Observes and complies with all safety rules and regulations.
· This includes QSR and ISO Standards.
· Participates in the Material Review Board (MRB) decision process.
· Identifies and implements corrective actions for manufacturing related issues.
· Performs equipment setup and corrective, preventive and calibration maintenance as necessary.
· Installs and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
· Evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment.
· May develop or revise documents and procedures.
· Certifies manufacturing associates in the production processes.
· Evaluates and orders necessary equipment, tools and fixtures.
· (Influence/Leadership) Mentor less senior employees in work group and offer counsel.
· (Planning/Organization) Plans and organizes non-routine tasks w/approval. Initiates or maintains work schedule. Establishes priorities of work assignments. (Decision Making/Impact) Solves a wide range of complex problems requiring advanced interpretation of generally defined procedures and practices. Selects methods and practices to obtain imaginative, thorough, and practical solutions to questions. Understands organizational structure and positions of key employees.
· Maintains general knowledge of products/services associated with area and employees involved with specific product lines and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
· Advanced technical concepts and practices, and a complete understanding of product or systems fundamentals in a functional area, and working knowledge of other related disciplines
· Advanced numerical and statistical data and computer software programs to present documentation and analysis and resolve complex problems.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
The salary for this role is between $32 – $64