Quality Technician II
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
We are seeking talent for an opportunity in our Portland, OR location in the Heart Failure Division.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Provides independent evaluation of materials, components, and products, and work process within the quality system Quality and production support resource to ensure compliance with policies and procedures within an atmosphere of error prevention and continual improvement.
What You’ll Work On
Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
•Review material quality through, inspection, measurement, or testing of raw materials, components, sub assembly, final assembly, packaging, labeling and documentation.
•Execute testing as defined on validation protocols with engineering guidance. Ensures that all evidence documentation complies with governing procedures.
•Perform product acceptance testing, sampling, inspection, or disposal based on engineering dispositions.
•Ensures that all evidence documentation complies with governing procedures.
•Reviews and verifies compliance of documentation such as batch records, reports of nonconforming materials, inspection records.
•Required to scan, archive, and coordinate record retrieval.
•Notifies supervision of issues or errors, providing immediate response.
•Identifies and segregates nonconforming material from the production line according to governing documents. Coordinates with the Quality Engineer to prepare and handle the material in and out of the designated quarantine area.
•Inputs data to required systems (SAP). Windchill use is limited look up controlled documents for inspection
•Assists to set up, train and certified new or transferred Quality Technicians.
•Provides ideas for improvement in areas such as quality, productivity, and safety.
- High School Diploma / G.E.D. or at least 2 years of experience as a QA Technician I or areas related to quality control. or equivalent combination of education and work
- Basic computer use (Excel, Word, emails)
- Basic math and measuring knowledge
- Experience at medical devices companies or equivalent
- Able to follow written procedures and instructions
- Applies acquired knowledge of procedures and practices and a complete understanding of fundamentals in a functional area and working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Will perform this job in a quality system environment.
- Performs assignments usually in the nature of manufacturing environment, requiring working independently or with minor supervision.
- May contribute in the design, develop, or modify area-specific processes or procedures.
- Additional assignments can be given with engineering supervision and will require considerable judgment and initiative.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.