Manager, Congresses & Events Enablement
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Hybrid work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas’ Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in hybrid work are encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for supporting the development and adoption of tools, policies and processes used by global and affiliate meeting professionals in support of a single approach to strategic meeting management and execution leading to optimal customer engagement and cost savings. In a best practice approach, this position is responsible for closely collaborating with global and affiliate colleagues to create and provide guidance on policies and processes related to congress and event delivery. This position manages global vendors, identifies opportunities to create and improve processes and practices and supports the overall evolution of Congresses and Events Strategic Meetings Management Program.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Non-Medical Final Signatory:
- This role is a Non-Medical Final Signatory. The incumbent is required, subject to qualifying training, to sign the separate document entitled “APEL Key Accountabilities” for Non-Medical Final Signatory. It outlines detailed responsibilities for a Non-Medical Final Signatory.
- Embed Compliance Culture across all Regions of the business ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives.
- Ensure the Congresses and Events Function(s) strictly adopt a culture of ethics and compliance, leading by example and appropriately challenging non-compliance.
- Ensure adherence to Astellas policies relating to Ethics and Compliance standards and interactions with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs), Healthcare Organizations (HCOs) and Patient Organizations (POs).
- Build relationships with global and affiliate colleagues to advise on and ensure use of tools and resources to facilitate simpler and consistent meeting and event execution.
- Manage global vendors and drive standardization of global vendor use to realize resource efficiencies across markets and drive consistency in meeting execution ensuring effective strategic relationship management (SRM) through regular business reviews.
- Drives the global adoption of including but not limited to CVENT strategic meeting management tool, virtual meeting applications and apps, acting as subject matter expert and educating users.
- Develop, implement, and drive adoption of standardized processes in line with SMMP principles which improve collaboration, provide access to resources, and support overall efficiency of congress and event planning and execution both at global and affiliate level
- Identify, develop, and manage tools and technologies that provide access to Congress and Events assets
- Support and identify new business requirements as well as key point of contact for issue resolution
- Identify, evaluate, propose, and drive adoption of latest trends in practices and technologies to ensure Astellas remains competitive
- Collaborate with global and affiliate colleagues to identify and understand gaps in support and develop and implement solutions to address needs
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with Procurement, Legal, IT and key global vendors, partnering to optimize spend.
Mandatory Compliance Requirements:
- To be aware of Astellas' Group Code of Conduct and associated policies and procedures and other applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Clarify and seek guidance as required, and raise any concerns, in a timely manner, with relevant manager, which may include reference to the Ethics and Compliance Team and/or Ethics and Compliance Helpdesk.
- Undertake and comply with relevant mandatory Ethics and Compliance training and updates to maintain personal awareness; all training to be undertaken in a timely manner.
- Be aware of and comply with, the Astellas Way and Astellas Competences, in terms of expected values and behaviors, in addition to Astellas’ HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for creating processes and efficiencies to reduce time, maintain global consistency and realize cost savings
- Manages multiple vendors and technologies to drive global efficiencies
- Employees at all levels
- Affiliate leaders and individuals responsible for congress and event planning in EST-C, US-C and JP-C and others as program evolves
- Medical Affairs global / regional / Affiliates
- IT, Procurement, Legal, Ethics & Compliance
- External suppliers and consultants
- Meeting planning professional associations