Optometrist - Sam's. Zanesville, OH.
In addition to base salary, Walmart total compensation may also include bonus incentives, stock options, and more.
What you'll do...
Sam's Club Optical- Independent Optometrist
Whether you're an optometrist looking to build your own practice with little start-up cost or if you're looking to expand your current practice, Sam's Club has a great opportunity for you! By leasing space at Sam's Club you have the exciting opportunity to partner with an amazing company, be fulfilled professionally, and rewarded financially.
About Sam's Club
Sam's Club is home to more than 100,000 associates in more than 660 locations all working together to provide great service and value to our members. By providing innovative products, a shopping experience infused with digital solutions such as Scan & Go and Club Pickup and support to the communities we serve, we truly differentiate our company in the marketplace. Sam's Club currently operates 537 Optical Centers with the average optical center generating $450k in annual revenue. Optometry partners have access to over 70 million Optical Insurance Patients. As an Independent Optometrist associated with Sam's Club Optical Centers, you will find that our sincere commitment to excellence in not the exception, it is the rule.
When you partner with Sam's Club Optical your practice is completely yours! You'll decide how to manage staff and determine work schedules. In addition to routine eye exams, you'll have a state-of-the-art practice, equipment, and the ability to diagnose and treat ocular disease. And with the robust foot traffic of Sam's Club, you'll have a great patient base from day 1 with minimal overhead.
- Debt free Opportunity to start your own practice
- Flexible working hours
- Set your own fees
- State-of-the-art technology and instrumentation
- Guidance of successful building of your own practice
- Team oriented atmosphere and professionally trained staff
- Freedom to practice full-scope Optometry on site at Sam's Club
- Contract Administrative and Op-Tech support from Sam's Club or hire your own staff!
What Our Independent Optometrist Do
- Provide evidence-based optical care to ensure patient's health and well-being by recommending and prescribing medications and other treatment options (for example, red eye, LASIK surgery, cataract surgery) using evidence-based care guidelines; delivering routine optical care; and educating patients and associates on eye health.
- Evaluate patients' health condition across and within the full vision center scope of service (for example, visual acuity, visual function and eye health, keratometry, refraction) to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment by reviewing complete patient medical history information and performing comprehensive eye examinations.
- Examine eyes utilizing observation, instruments, and pharmaceutical agents to determine visual acuity and perception, focus, and coordination, as well as identify signs of vision defects (for example, injury, disease, abnormality).
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids; suggesting, interpreting, and assessing diagnostic tests (for example, glaucoma testing, macular degeneration, Optical Coherence Tomography-OCT).
- Provide additional vision treatment (for example, foreign body removal) as necessary; developing treatment plans based on patients' clinical presentation using evidence-based care guidelines.
- Ensure overall coordinated and integrated patient care experience and high-quality customer service.
- Doctorate (Required)
- Doctoral degree in Optometry (OD) from accredited school (Required)
- Current Liability Insurance Certificate
- Current State License Certificate
Sam's Club is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Doctoral degree in Optometry (OD) from accredited optometry school. Licensed optometrist in good standing in state of practice.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
3724 NORTHPOINTE DR, ZANESVILLE, OH 43701-1768, United States of America